Off The Track Thoroughbred mares
Baltimore City Life
Hopeful Politician

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Glimpse Into my Life

This is my first blog entry and I plan to use it to chronicle my life as I attempt to finish school and pursue my dreams of becoming a professional rider.
My name is Emily Przyborowski (known as little one around the barn), I am a fourteen year old eventer from Maryland. This summer I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to be professional rider Kate Chadderton's working student. So far the job has enabled me to improve my riding, and meet many people that I would not have otherwise. Kate has been particularly amazing, she has been able to do the one thing many people have not been able to do, believe in my ability to become a professional rider.
Since the time I was very young my mother has been a reputable trainer for many young eventers. Although it sounds amazing, and often is, the job can sometimes be a gruesome and difficult one. I spent many long hours in the barn as a child helping the pleather of people that circulate through it every day. Grooming and tacking up after school in the cold winter night and cooling out and hosing in the excruciatingly hot summer days. My mother has purchased all of my competition horses for me and is a constant supporter of my dreams of becoming a professional. Regarded as "a knowledgeable  and skill full trainer" by Kate she continues to bring many young riders and horses up the lower levels.
Purchased for me two winters ago my Connemara cross event horse Dobbin and I have been working tirelessly with Kate all summer on our dressage and are finally seeing some improvement, I can get him round throughout the entire walk and trot consistently and we are seeing major developments in the canter as of this week. None would even be possible without the daily efforts of Kate. Every morning Dobbin and I gallop through the field that connects my farm to hers. He gets to hangout in the prized "McCuan Mario Stall" (aka the first one in the barn) where he is socialized by the many farriers, vets, trainers, students, potential buyers, and of course Kate's two Australian dogs Digger and Sunny.
After getting a new Australian working student Rhianon late last night, we are leaving this morning for the Waradaca horse trials. Kate is taking two clients horses, and one of her Irish horses to compete all at the lower levels. I'm really happy with the help that the new girl will bring and hopefully the day will go smoothly as planned
I look forward to sharing more of my life with you.
Thank You for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment