Off The Track Thoroughbred mares
Baltimore City Life
Hopeful Politician

Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Really "Fun Show"

I'm not quite accustomed to waking up at 8 am. It's probably the latest I've woken up since last spring. Especially on a show day. But a lot has changed since last spring.
With Kate and Jenny away at the American Eventing Championship leaving me all here by my lonesome I decided why not take part in a local Merry Acres "Fun Show" to support children with Autism. It had the set up of a horse trial only you could choose you test(s), jumping division and cross country division.
For dressage I chose to compete the same test I did when I went to Millbrook horse trials Beginner Novice test B to see my improvements. I had an impeccable test. Dobbin scored his highest ever with a 36.2 he even had an 8, as did I in my position. I ended up coming in second place and I was beaming.
For the show jumping portion I rode two rounds in 2'6 and 2'9 both were clear rounds. I placed first in both. I owe this to an incredibly stressful pre Culpeper show jumping lesson I had with Kate that really improved my show jumping from before.
After show jumping there was a break so I proceeded to walk my course, which was two miles long. By the time I made it back to start box my division had already started. I trotted up from the trailer, popped over a log, and they sent me on my way. It was about to rain and I made my way over the first few jumps at a steady rate before I began hand galloping . I ended up lapping the girl in front of me. And having a great ride placing fourth.
Congratulations to everyone competing, especially Nahye Kim, Teagan Przyborowski, Taylor Martin, Gaby Esquivel and Katie Oler. Overall it was a great day and I was happy to be there to support kids with Autism and put a smile on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment